Assistant Winemaker-Finger Lakes, NY
November 4, 2020
LocationEast Coast US (West NY, Eastern Long Island, NJ, PA, VA, NC)
• To aid in ensuring cellar compliance with the company's quality and safety standards.
• Actively contribute to all aspects of general winemaking duties from grapes to bottle.
• Must have a clear understanding of OSEHA standards and policies.
• Carry out all necessary steps in stabilization, clarification, and fining as necessary.
• Responsible for promoting good cellar hygiene and cleaning before and after winemaking operations.
• Generate cellar operation notes as agreed to by the winemaking team.
• May be responsible for various equipment maintenance to carry out efficient cellar operations.
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE:
• Minimum requirement of Bachelor's degree from an accredited college or university in enology.
• Winemaking experience is a must.
• Knowledge of wine required.
• Strong laboratory skills required.