March 10, 2021
CompanyMessina Hof Winery
Messina Hof Company Overview:
Established in 1977, Messina Hof was developed from a family owned and operated vineyard and winery in Bryan, Texas. Messina Hof is dedicated to high quality world-class wine production and genuine hospitality in its winery and resort facilities located in Bryan, Fredericksburg, Grapevine, and Richmond, Texas. Messina Hof has doubled in size since 2012, and its annual wine production has grown to 200,000 gallons. Messina Hof’s continued dedication to innovation, excellence, and family traditions is exemplified in its premium wines of distinction and landmark wine country destinations. It has also been continuously named the most awarded winery in Texas. Messina Hof is made up of a team of honest and passionate people of character that desire to be part of a rapidly growing company in an exciting and thriving industry.
This position will oversee the day-to-day operations and development of the Messina Hof Estate Vineyard. It will maintain the vineyard plan and calendar and ensure all actions are taken to produce a good crop in both yield and quality.
Reasonable Accommodations Statement
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. Reasonable Accommodations may be made to enable qualified individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Essential Functions Statement(s)
• Trellis Construction and Maintenance
• Irrigation Construction and Maintenance
• Planting and Pruning in the vineyard
• Nursery Propagation
• Application of Fungicides, Herbicides and Pesticides, and maintenance of records
• Training of personnel and overseeing personnel development of vineyard team
• Management of staff in accordance to the policies and procedures of the company
• Participate in vineyard quality evaluations
• Ensure mowing of the vineyard
• Supervise all vineyard production
• Vehicle and Equipment maintenance and repairs
• Responsible for coordinating the harvest of the Estate Vineyard
• Responsible for keeping valid record of vineyard operations
• Maintain required MSDS and safety standards for vineyard chemicals. Responsible for organization of Ag Shed.
• Actively involved with all of Messina Hof’s locations.
• Maintain and administer fertilization program, including petiole analysis and soil sampling
• Maintain inventory records and on hand supplies and chemicals for vineyard needs
• Help with movement of all wine from grape to tank to bottle to removal from winery
• Care and maintenance of all production machinery, equipment and supplies. Problem solve equipment malfunctions
• Ability to use all wine processing equipment, including but not limited to, filters, pumps, press, bottling equipment, etc.
• Assist in wine production to include: bottling, crush/press, wine movements, barrel work, etc.
• Assist with organization and sanitation in all winemaking spaces, bottling line areas, crush pad and tank/barrel areas
• Conduct hospitality services such as classes in viticulture, as needed
• Other duties as designated.
• 3-5 years of related experience
• Ability to operate a tractor, mower and sprayer
• Has valid Applicator License
The physical demands described her are representative of those that must be met by and employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. While performing the duties of this job the employee is regularly required to talk or hear. The employee is frequently required to stand, walk and sit. The employee is occasionally required to reach with hands and arms and stoop, kneel, and crouch. The employee must frequently lift and/or move up to 50 pounds up to four feet, climb ladders and move on top of tanks. The employee is frequently required to stand for long periods of time.
Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate. The work may be performed either inside or outside.