Line Lead Technican
March 31, 2021
LocationNorth Coast, California
CompanyUltima Mobile Bottling
OVERALL WORK EXPECTATIONS: SAFE – CLEAN – QUALITY – TEAMWORK
• Keep bottling environment, all equipment maintained, clean, and operational.
• Professional work ethic and dress.
• Be on time.
• Keep on task and schedule.
• Strive to complete tasks accurately the first time.
• Be versatile, flexible, and to work within constantly changing priorities with enthusiasm.
• Prove the ability to handle multiple projects and meet deadlines.
• Be creative and an innovative team player.
• Ability to understand and follow written and verbal instructions.
• Good communication skills.
• Takes the initiative to complete tasks.
• Take ownership of duties and responsibilities.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Oversee all production operations of assigned bottling line, equipment and staff.
• Act as lead equipment operator manning either filling/closure or labeling station during bottling operations. Demonstrate working knowledge of all bottling equipment and processes.
• Provide leadership, training and work direction to assigned personnel ensuring their adherence to safe work practices during all operations and activities associated with bottling and production tasks.
• Oversee all aspects of bottling line production work including but not limited to supervision of dumping empty or full containers on conveyor, applying foils to moving bottles, packing finished bottles into cases, applying case labels and/or stickers, stacking finished cases on pallets, stretch wrapping pallets, cleanup of winery and/or bottling equipment and areas.
• Work directly with customers to complete projects in a timely and professional manner. Striving daily to meet or exceed customer expectations.
• Assist new and/or temporary crews as needed to help teach job duties/techniques.
• Understand and implement company policies and procedures while representing the company in a positive, professional and respectful manner.
• Perform routine daily, weekly, monthly, semiannual and annual preventative maintenance on assigned bottling line and equipment as per manufacturer’s guidelines. Includes tracking in writing, all routine and required maintenance and repairs and ordering of parts and supplies needed for maintenance and repairs.
• Identify and prioritize any heavy maintenance or repairs necessary which may require the added expertise of a qualified mechanic or specialist. Communicate to management in writing, detailed descriptions of specific needs listed by type of work needed and priority.
• Accurately track and record daily activities, procedures and test results in UMB Job Logs.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES (continued):
• Manage job related expenses utilizing company issued credit card. Provide Fuel, Food, Lodging, for crew and equipment as needed. Purchase small supplies and maintenance items as required. Retain all receipts and/or invoices for purchases made with company provided credit card. Submit all receipts and/or invoices to management monthly.
• Drive, tow, haul company vehicles and/or equipment to and from job sites.
Assist where required during busy season; work long hours as required.
• May perform or be assigned other job functions as directed by immediate supervisor, general manager, or owner of company.
• Responsible for keeping a safe work environment and use of proper PPE items within the bottling areas.
• Understand all safety requirements and cautions.
• Follows safety guidelines and procedures.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to do the following:
• Ability to perform physical labor as necessary, including standing for long periods of time (8-10 hours per day), working in all types of weather conditions, low-light conditions.
• Walk, kneel, bend, and stand frequently throughout shift (8-10 hours per day).
• Climb stairs.
• Lift and/or move up to 45 pounds repeatedly throughout shift (8-10 hours).
• A percentage of work time is spent in a mobile bottling line, wine warehouse or cellar where temperatures are cool and noise level is usually moderate.
• A percentage of work time is spent outside where temperatures are changing daily and noise level is usually moderate.
• Ability to work long hours and/or 6 days a week during critical times – harvest and bottling.
• Ability to adjust to changing client protocols.
• Reliability in attendance and punctuality.