Entry-Level Bookkeeper (Napa Office)
November 11, 2021
LocationNorth Coast, California
We’re looking for an outgoing, detail-oriented individual for full-time employment in our Napa Office. We expect to hire someone who is motivated, has a great work-ethic and wants to build upon their current experience level to become a proficient accountant in the wine industry. We are willing to consider candidates with no experience up to several years of experience – and will compensate according to your current level of experience.
A partial list of key responsibilities:
• Answer Phones, as needed (typically minimal).
• Manage multiple client email account inboxes.
• Perform various daily tasks (e.g. bank deposits, post office or client runs).
• Process incoming orders (create Sales Orders and generate invoices).
• Process vendor bills and accounts payable transactions (mostly through the Bill.com ap).
• Basic reconciliations (reconcile various Balance Sheet accounts as well as bank reconciliations).
• Reconcile inventory balances at warehouses to books.
Expectations from each candidate:
• Professional attitude, appearance and interface with colleagues and clients.
• Organized, detail-oriented and self-motivated.
• Clear writing skills and good email management knowledge.
• Self-starter, but feels very comfortable asking questions.
Skills that you will have after a short time working with us:
• Strong knowledge and understanding of Quickbooks Desktop and Quickbooks Online (AP, Bills, Check-Writing; Order Processing, Invoicing and AR).
• Proficient in Excel with an eagerness to learn more, quickly.
• You will become an expert in working with Bill.com and how it inter-faces with Quickbooks.
• A broad understanding of how wineries of various sizes are different within the industry.
Occasional telecommuting may be available after an reasonable orientation and/or training period (depending upon initial experience). Our company is rapidly growing and this could be a great opportunity for the right person to grow with us, and establish a lifelong career.