June 27, 2020
CompanyAuburn Road Vineyards
Auburn Road Vineyards is seeking interns for seasonal harvest work during the 2020 harvest season.
ARV is a dynamic regional vineyard and winery located in the farmlands of Salem County, New Jersey.
We specialize in a variety of wines created from our own 23 acres and from local vineyards on the East Coast.
We have a small full time team that crafts our wines for quality but requires many hands at harvest to successfully bring the fruit to bottle.
The ARV harvest internships will begin in mid to late August and conclude around mid to late November. Exact dates will depend on the growing season. We start with harvesting Pinot grigio and Chardonnay then end with a steady pace of our later season reds. Harvest internships will expose the candidates to all steps of a typical harvest and winery production schedule. The work will include first hand experience on how and when to pick grapes, pressing and crushing grapes and fermenting protocols. Candidates will learn and perform multiple tasks such as cleaning and sanitizing winery equipment, moving and cleaning wine barrels and performing daily punch downs of fermenting bins of grapes all while learning good safety protocols. The right candidates need to be energetic and highly motivated, with outstanding attention to detail and willingness to work hard and occasional long hours. We expect the Harvest Intern to be cooperative team members and contribute to the overall positive energy of our work environment. Full time work post harvest is possible for the right candidate.
• Interest in vineyards/winemaking/fermentation a plus but not necessary
• Must commit to working full-time plus extended harvest hours through our harvest season
• Ability to multitask and work in a fast-paced environment, safely
• Ability to show up on time and work flexible and extended hours on short notice
• Ability to lift and carry 50 pounds
• Must be at least 18 years of age, have legal United States work eligibility, and be a verbal English speaker
Compensation: Hourly pay will depend on level of experience
HOURLY: Depends on level of experience