The Tasting Room/Hospitality Staff for Bricoleur Vineyards assist in all aspect of the guest experiences, including conducting tours of various sizes, holding tastings, providing wine education, and completing retail sales of wine & gift items. The Tasting Room/Hospitality Staff also assist in special experiences, off site consumer tastings, wine club activities, and any other related tasks which involve direct guest contact.
- Perform hospitality functions in the tasting room, greeting all guests, providing tasting and wine education, assisting guests with their Sonoma Valley visits.
- Create a memorable experience for all guests
- Conduct consumer and VIP tours of various sizes.
- Encourage and complete on-site retail sales of wine and gift items.
- Promote Wine Club memberships to guests and process club sign-ups. Interact with Club members via personal visits, phone and internet. Provide club benefits to members when visiting the winery.
- Maintain attractive, effective displays of wine and gift items, restocking on a regular basis.
- Provide adequate supplies of handouts, brochures, winemaker notes
- Perform various duties such as washing and stocking glasses, dusting and stocking wine and gift items, completing general clean-up of all guest areas throughout the day. This can include monitoring the tasting room, restrooms, and all public areas.
- Accurately opens and closes the cash register drawer each day.
- Assist with special experiences when scheduled.
- Attend out-of-the-winery tastings/events as a Bricoleur Vineyards representative, as needed. Can sometimes involve out of area travel.
- Assist with the packing and shipping of wine orders, sales orders, POS orders, etc. as needed.
- Assist tasting room/hospitality managers, events managers, and other staff in special projects as needed.
- Assist with wine club shipments 3 times a year
- Attend and participate in regularly scheduled tasting room/hospitality staff meetings, tastings, seminars, and other team experiences as needed.
- Serve wine to guest in accordance with company policy and ABC regulation
- Keep up to date with ABC regulation and adhering to established policies and procedures regarding the handling and service of alcoholic beverages
- Keep up to date with Inter-state shipping regulations and adhering to established policies regarding the shipment of wine
- Weekends Required but schedule will change seasonally and special experiences maybe in the evenings
Sales experience preferred.
- Knowledge of wines and wine production.
- Commitment to excellence and high standards.
- Proficient on the computer (familiar with POS systems)
- Excellent oral communication skills.
- Excellent presentation skills.
- Ability to manage priorities and workflow.
- Professional appearance and demeanor
- Versatility, flexibility, and a willingness to work within constantly changing priorities with enthusiasm. - Excellent customer service skills.
- Ability to calculate figures and amounts such as discounts, interest, commissions, and percentages.
- Ability to understand and follow written and verbal instructions.
- Sales: 1 year (Required)
- Wine: 1 year (Required)
- Must be at least 21 years of age
- Must be able to bend, squat, climb, push, stoop and crouch repeatedly
- Must be able to stand and walk for extended periods as required by job duties
- Must be able to lift up to 40 lbs. on a regular basis
- Coordinate multiple tasks simultaneously
- Plus 2 weekdays
Hours per week:
- Less than 30
- All Weekends
- Paid Training