SUMMARY: The Grower Relations Representative must possess an in-depth understanding of viticulture. They will work as the liaison between the winery and our grower partners. Maintain and develop relations with existing and new growers in specified geographic regions.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES: The following reflects management’s definition of essential functions for this job but does not restrict the tasks that may be assigned. Management may assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time due to reasonable accommodation or other reasons.
• Understand & contribute to basic business strategies for grape purchases
• Deal with issues timely and in a professional manner
• Develop a knowledge base of currently contracted vineyards and growers
• Work to resolve any issues that arise with growers in a professional manner
• Communicate daily on status of vineyards, weather and other issues
• Locate growers to provide adequate grape supply for future demands
• Maintain an understanding of grape prices and market trends
• Understand viticulture and its impact on wine quality
• Manage harvest: scheduling, communication, and maturity
• Maintain necessary documentation and reports within the department
• Follow up on all daily harvest quotas and assess change to the estimates
• Verify harvest quantities and count independently; as required
• Perform various other duties including special projects as assigned by the director or manager within the constraints of the job
• Understand and comply with Company policies
• Understand company certification of policy.
• Understand the whole process of certification and the audit process
• Contributes to and upholds all activities related to sustainability within viticulture
• Hold training workshops as required for company employees and/or vendors, growers, etc.
• Maintain all necessary reports and report them to the Director of Grower Relations
• A.S. Degree in Viticulture or related field is preferred
• Minimum 3 – 5 years’ experience in Grower Relations or related field preferred
• A valid California Driver’s License is required
• Ability to work as a team player
• Must be proactive and a self-starter
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills
• Experience with Microsoft Word, Microsoft Outlook and Excel software and confidence in learning new software programs
• Ability to deal effectively with a diversity of individuals at all organizational levels inside and outside the company
• Commitment to excellence and high standards
• Strong organizational skills; able to manage priorities and workflow
• Versatility, flexibility, and a willingness to work within constantly changing priorities with enthusiasm.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to do the following:
• Must be able to lift and/or move up to 50 lbs.
• Must be able to work in wet, humid and/or extreme heat
• Sit for prolonged periods while driving to and from field locations
• Perform some repetitive motion activities
• Coordinate multiple tasks simultaneously
• A percentage of work time is spent outdoors where temperatures are moderate and noise levels are moderate
• A percentage of work time is spent indoors in an office environment
O’Neill Vintners & Distillers offers a competitive salary and comprehensive benefits package including medical, dental, vision and life coverage, short and long-term disability, 401(k) with a Company match, Paid Time Off, holidays and more.
All candidates must: pass a comprehensive background check and drug screen and adhere to all Company, Federal and State Food Safety Regulations and Policies
This organization participates in E-Verify and is an Equal Opportunity Employee