Production Manager - DTC
July 27, 2020
CompanyIn Good Taste
In Good Taste - discover the world, by the glass.
As a global winery, we visit regions across the world and collaborate with storied winemakers to uncover novel wines of meaningful character and quality. We work to celebrate the people, places and stories behind each bottle and do so to make discovering new wines easy, exciting, and rewarding through our premium by-the-glass 6.3 ounce mini bottles.
See www.ingoodtaste.com for examples.
We are rapidly growing out Direct to Consumer channels and need a fast learning and experienced Production Manager to take the lead.
Roles & Responsibilities
We are looking for an energetic Production Manager who doesn't mind wearing multiple hats. The right person will be well-organized, flexible and enjoy the warehouse challenges of supporting a growing company.
• Facilitate the daily production and labeling schedule.
• Supervise, coach and mentor warehouse associates employees.
• Coordinate employee schedule to meet production demands.
• Ensure that all quality standards and procedures are being met without product compromise.
• Troubleshoot and help make routine mechanical adjustments as needed.
• Work closely with warehouse and QC on planning and staging packaging supplies.
• Ensure that procedures are being adhered to, continues improvements to all labeling/packaging procedures.
• Communicate to Director of Operations any possible or actual problems with packaging, wine or
• Report daily production and confirm with the Director of Operations.
• Manage filter cartridges and storage along with Nitrogen orders as needed.
• Conduct daily shift debrief meetings, discuss safety, bottling calendar and communicate
any department/ company updates.
• Coordinate change overs with maintenance and warehouse associates and upper management
• Update and maintain all employee attendance tracking sheet.
• Achieve daily shipping and labeling goals
• High School diploma.
• Ability to read and write English.
• 3-5 years related job experience
• Demonstrate good math skills.
• Good communication skills- written and verbal.
• Experience with Shopify and Shipstation A MUST
• Ability to prioritize and multi-task.
• Experience organizing and managing a DTC/pick & pack warehouse
• Exceptional customer service skills required.
• Ability to stand for long periods of time
• Ability to work in a fast paced, loud, sometimes cool environment for long periods of time
• Ability to lift up to 50 lbs.
• Full time position M-F 8:00am - 4:30pm
• Medical/Vision coverage for employee