East Coast Winery (PA) looking for a dynamic winemaker to lead us into the next level of winemaking. We are looking for a self-motivated person to produce high-quality wine utilizing our grapes and grapes sourced from some of the finest regions in the US, Europe, and South America. You will report directly to the owners and work side by side with our winemaking team & cellar staff to oversee daily activities. This is an exciting opportunity for the right individual looking to advance their career in the wine industry. Our priority is finding the right person to join our team and help us craft premium wines.
Winemaker’s role and responsibilities include but are not limited to:
• Develop and execute a vintage plan for each of our varietals and wines.
• Create an operating budget for cellar/lab equipment, barrels, winemaking materials, and lab chemicals.
• Perform and direct winemaking tasks including but not limited to: Crushing, fermentation, additions, racking, filtering, blending, barrel maintenance, equipment sanitation, and bottling.
• Perform laboratory analysis.
• Assist in and provide input in recruiting, hiring, and training of cellar staff.
• Create and maintain records for harvest, cellar operations, bottled/bulk inventories, and bottling records to ensure all cellar activities and wine production meet TTB & state regulations.
• Prepare trial blends and blend tastings for evaluation purposes.
• Develop and implement new ideas for more efficient and effective cellar procedures
• Work collaboratively with the owners and winemaking team to optimize quality and style.
• Work directly with clients in creating their own wine at our state-of-the-art winery
• Represent the winery at public and trade wine tasting events.
• A leader and team player, able to work and interact with many different players
• College degree required, BS in Enology/Fermentation Science or Winemaking
• 3+ or more years of production experience
• Strong organizational & computer skills
• Supervisory or managerial experience
• Great verbal and written communication skills
• Ability to work extended hours as needed
• Physically fit with the ability to do cellar activities solo and lift/carry 50lbs
• Self-starter, motivated, results driven, “can do” attitude, problem solver, able to manage priorities with enthusiasm
• Strong attention to detail
• Good judgment with the ability to make timely and sound decisions
• Enough experience to know that there can be multiple solutions to a problem
• Respect for your co-workers and a drive to create a positive environment
• Ability to take on any task as needed, even if it is outside the scope of your primary job
• Background check required
This position requires extensive, long work hours during peak seasons including days, nights, weekdays, weekends, and holidays. The candidate will receive a generous annual salary based on experience and ability, health insurance, paid vacation, and employee discounts.
Please send Resume and Cover Letter to: PAWineJob@gmail.com