Atwater Estate Vineyards is a family-owned winery located on eighty scenic acres on the eastern side of Seneca Lake in Burdett, NY. Our unique site boasts a microclimate ideal for grape production, and we are intimately connected to every vine we grow. This hands-on knowledge allows us to lovingly cultivate the grapes in our vineyards with precision, balance, and high quality control. As a result, the winemaking team can create thoughtful wines in a variety of styles with the use of neutral barrels, skin and stem inclusion, and sparkling offerings.
We are seeking a dynamic Tasting Room Manager to provide an excellent visitor experience and manage all tasting room activities and staff. Candidates must be professional, articulate, hard-working, strong leaders who can handle multi-tasking in a fast-paced environment. The ideal candidate will assume responsibility for and oversee day-to-day floor operations in the Tasting Room and our seasonal outdoor bar. The position requires an outgoing, well-organized, self-motivated and disciplined individual who is focused on the customer’s experience.
We offer a competitive salary with bonus opportunities.
Reports to Operations Manager/Owners
• under variable temperature conditions
• under variable noise levels
• Minimum two years successful management experience, ideally wine/hospitality related
• Passion for wine and customer service with strong wine knowledge
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills
• Self-starter with strong organizational, analytical, and problem-solving skills
• Ability to manage multiple priorities in a quick-paced environment
• Proficiency in Microsoft Office and POS software
• Ability to work peak times, including Fridays, Saturdays, Sundays, and some holiday
• Ability to stand for long periods of time and be comfortable working on their feet
• Must have the ability to lift to 45 pounds
• Must be of legal drinking age with a valid driver’s license
• Assuming responsibility for a consistent and pleasant customer experience and for the tasting room’s overall operations, efficiency/efficacy, and appearance
• Maintaining a working knowledge of the tasting room menu, products, and procedures
• Assisting in recruiting and hiring staff members
• Scheduling staff based on tasting room traffic patterns
• Training, managing, and developing staff, and completing regular performance reviews
• Monitoring staff performance in all phases of job functions, ensuring that all procedures are carried out to departmental standards, and rectifying any deficiencies with respective personnel
• Monitoring guest reactions and conferring frequently with staff to ensure guest satisfaction.
• Ensuring adherence to all codes, regulations, and sanitation expectations for wine and food service.
• Managing departmental operating budget and all wine, food, and merchandise inventory and tasting room supplies
• Working with management staff to plan and execute social media, promotions, and events
• Meeting pre-determined sales goals, including revenue targets and wine club signups
• Ensuring cash control/security procedures are adhered to and strictly monitored, including preparation and calculation of receipts
• Holding regular staff meetings to promote education, morale, communication, and team building
• Meeting regularly with ownership to review performance
• Additional duties as deemed necessary by ownership
• TIPS Training: Upon hiring, team members are required to take an online TIPS (alcohol serving) course and exam. Continued employment is contingent upon passage of this exam.
• ServSafe: ServSafe certification is a plus, but not required. Managers may be required to achieve certification upon hiring.