Location: Alameda, California
Position: Part-time / weekends
Apply to: www.stgeorgespirits.com/employment
Proudly independent. Passionate about innovation. Committed to craft. Over nearly four decades at the vanguard of the American craft spirits revolution, we have been distilling exceptional artisanal spirits with integrity. Our family of spirits includes single malt whiskey, absinthe, and several gins, vodkas, brandies, and liqueurs. Since 1982, we have been an American original. Taste our spirits and you will understand.
St. George Spirits is looking for a bottle shop assistant at our distillery in Alameda. This role will provide overall support to the Sales & Inventory Specialist by managing tasks and responsibilities as assigned. We are looking for someone that can hit the ground running with great attention to detail and a “can-do” attitude. This role is an integral part of the team and aligned with the ethos of our organization: professionalism and grace.
St. George Spirits’ desire is to have someone that can help grow the business by:
• Creating efficiencies
• Ensuring tasks are completed, and professionalism and hospitality are always maintained
• Greets and interacts with customers in a welcoming and hospitable manner
• Represents the company in a professional manner
• Consults with customers to understand their needs and preferences related to bottle shop inventory
• Demonstrates and explains bottle shop inventory, selecting and suggesting options suitable for the customer’s needs
• Answers customer questions about bottle shop inventory
• Assists customers with purchase decisions
• Collects payment using store point of sale system
• Restocks inventory
• Performs other duties as assigned
• Excellent verbal communication skills
• Excellent active listening skills
• Excellent sales and customer service skills
• Extensive knowledge of bottle shop inventory
• Ability to anticipate customers’ needs
• Ability to recommend spirits and merchandise to customers
• Ability to operate or quickly learn point of sale system
• Strong commitment to understanding Alcohol Beverage Control laws operating within state and federal guidelines
• Strong commitment to responsible consumption of alcoholic beverages
Education and experience:
• Familiarity with St. George Spirits portfolio preferred
• High school diploma or equivalent
• Previous retail experience preferred
• Experience with G-Suite
• Experience with Microsoft Office
• On-the-job training provided
What St. George Spirits looks for in an employee:
• Polished, personable, and professional
• Very diligent and detail-oriented
• Deadline-focused and goal-driven
• Helpful and service driven
• Self-motivated with strong time management skills and thorough follow-through
Physical demands and work environment:
• Prolonged periods of standing and walking
• Ability to lift up to 30 pounds
Proof of vaccination is required before hiring.
This job description in no way states or implies that these are the only duties to be performed by the employee(s) incumbent in this position. Employees will be required to follow any other job-related instructions and perform any other job-related duties requested by any person authorized to give instructions or assignments. All duties and responsibilities are essential functions and requirements and are subject to possible modification to reasonably accommodate individuals with disabilities. To perform this job successfully, the incumbents will possess the skills, aptitudes, and abilities to perform each duty proficiently. Some requirements may exclude individuals who pose a direct threat or significant risk to the health or safety of themselves or others. The requirements listed in this document are the minimum levels of knowledge, skills, or abilities. This document does not create an employment contract, implied or otherwise, other than an “at will” relationship.
St. George Spirits, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer.
No phone calls, please.