Senior Accountant & Office Manager
November 11, 2021
Growing and dynamic accounting services firm is looking for an experienced accountant, with managerial exposure, to manage our St. Helena office, with a focus of maintaining a superior level of service to our clients as we grow and expand our client-base. We utilize innovative cloud-based technologies to service and support our many winery-clients throughout Napa and Sonoma. We are looking for an experienced senior-level accountant that can deal with the challenge of a broad range of accounting tasks, for many different companies, and enjoys interacting with others in the industry. This is a great opportunity for someone interested in ramping up their accounting and managerial expertise in an informal, yet professional environment.
Responsibilities, in conjunction with other staff:
• Interact with key contacts from several different winery clients to facilitate the passing of information back and forth.
• Manage and coach junior staff members throughout the workday.
• Process or oversee: creation of orders, generate invoices when shipped, monitoring of accounts receivable balances and follow-up on late payments from customers as needed.
• Manage accounts payables processes along with cash flow review and reporting.
• Balance Sheet and inventory reconciliations as needed.
• Payroll processing and posting.
• Enforce all internal accounting controls and strive for continual improvement in all phases of the job, for all team members.
• Review and reconcile inventory and cost balances.
• Assist in costing of wines produced and tracking production costs as incurred.
• Exceptional organizational skills with the ability to jump from one client to another quickly.
• Five+ years of experience as a full-charge bookkeeper, or accountant, within a manufacturing environment. Experience within the wine industry preferable but not necessary.
• Broad knowledge of bookkeeping and accounting tasks (e.g. accounts payable, accounts receivable, balance sheet reconciliations, 1099’s and W-2’s, sales taxes, etc.).
• Expert-level knowledge of Quickbooks.
• Understands the need for documented systems and procedures; and can update and enhance existing procedures as environments change over time.
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
• Expert knowledge and skills with Excel.
Compensation and benefits:
• Salary $100,000 - $150,000 DOE.
• Health Insurance
Occasional telecommuting may be a possibility after a brief orientation / training period.