Maintenance Supervisor Position Available
August 24, 2022
CompanyJ. Lohr Vineyards & Wines
The Maintenance Supervisor is responsible for the efficient and professional execution of maintenance operations relating to the equipment and facilities needed in the production of J. Lohr wines, while promoting a team oriented environment within the department and company. This position works with the Vice-President of Production and department supervisors to assure all equipment throughout the winery is functioning properly by timely repairs and a comprehensive Preventive Maintenance program.
As part of J. Lohr’s commitment to sustainability and the three E’s (socially equitable, environmentally sound, and economically feasible), we offer a generous and comprehensive benefits package. The core health insurance components include medical, dental and vision with company contribution to a health savings account (HSA). Additional health benefits include life and disability. Other benefits include 401(k) with company contribution, vacation, sick, holidays, wine and merchandise discounts, and more.
• Efficient and well-executed Preventive Maintenance operations
• Safe, productive, team-oriented work environment
• Effective training and development program
• Assisting management with the development, planning and implementation of plant projects
Some of the essential functions of the position are as follows:
-MAINTENANCE OPERATIONS: Develops daily, weekly and other work schedules. Schedules preventive maintenance operations. Arranges for outside consultant and vendor maintenance as needed.
-REPAIR OPERATIONS AND PROCEDURES Performs repairs, modifications and preventive maintenance on buildings, facilities, equipment, fixtures and systems. Troubleshoots breakdowns with appropriate personnel and sets priorities to repair needs. Determines cost and availability of parts.
-SUPERVISION: Supervises and motivates maintenance staff to achieve a high level of productivity, efficiency and safety. Communicates and monitors repair and maintenance expectations and staff responsibilities.
QUALIFICATIONS: To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- This position requires a valid Driver’s License with a driving record acceptable to the Winery’s insurance carrier.
- Prior work in a winery and 5 years experience in a maintenance leadership role is required. A background in electrical and mechanical repair needed.
- Requires expert knowledge of how the maintenance department plays a major role in cellar activities and an understanding of the role that cellar activities play in the creation of quality wine
- Excellent communication, influence, and negotiation skills are required in order to work effectively with a variety of people and to lead the maintenance crew.
- PHYSICAL DEMANDS: This position requires the following levels of physical activity:
• Moderate (1/3 of the time) sitting, standing; simple grasping, pulling/pushing and fine manipulation with both hands.
• Some (less than 1/3 of the time) walking, bending, squatting, climbing, reaching above and below shoulder level, lifting and carrying up to 50 pounds. Visual capabilities: close and distance, color, depth perception, peripheral vision and adjustment of focus.
- WORK ENVIRONMENT: This position entails exposure to the following environmental conditions:
• Marked temperature and humidity changes; exposed to dust, fumes, and gases.
• Drives automotive equipment.
• Noise level exposure: Moderate.
At the heart of our success is a commitment to forward-looking, sustainable practices, combined with constant reinvestment in vineyards, state-of-the-art facilities, and artisanal winemaking. In partnership with our family of employees, we are dedicated to maintaining integrity and transparency across all our industry relationships, positioning J. Lohr to prosper for many years to come.
Please respond with your cover letter that explains why you are well suited for this position at J. Lohr Vineyards & Wines, along with your résumé.
Thank you for your interest in J. Lohr Vineyards & Wines.